Terms of Service
Last update: June 18, 2019
By using our services, you agree to comply with these Terms Of Service and our legal notice.
- We respect your privacy. We do not give, resell or disclose our users personal information to any third party.
- We do not consult your personal data for any purpose other than the technical maintenance of our services or the generation of anonymised statistics (to estimate the frequency of use of our services).
- We try to comply as best as possible with the Charter of CHATONS.
- We try to secure our infrastructure as much as possible, although the “100% secure” does not exist.
- We use free software and remain transparent in all our actions.
- We intend to maintain as many services as possible over the long term and will try to announce (on social networks and/or the home page of the site) any service interruption that may exceed 10 minutes.
- We do not claim any rights to your data: text, images, sound, video, or any other element that you download or transmit from your account.
- We are at your disposal for any questions over Mastodon or our contact page.
- You are responsible for the login information (username, password, email address) of your user account and its security.
- You are responsible for your use of our services.
- You are responsible for the personal data you enter on our services.
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible in the event of loss or theft of your personal data hosted on our servers.
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for what you decide to put online on our platforms.
- You understand that we cannot guarantee the unlimited availability of our services.
- It is possible that our services may contain bugs that you can report via our contact page.
- Do not use our services for illegal purposes.
- Do not abuse our services. What can be considered an abuse is at our discretion but generally makes sense. Some examples of abuse:
- Send spam through our email service or our link shortner;
- Carry out actions on our services with the sole purpose of taking resources on our platform;
- Attempt to exploit vulnerabilities without authorization.
- You may not sell, trade, resell or operate for commercial purposes an account on our platform or our services.
- This also applies to mailboxes and aliases of our email management service.
- You may not write, publish or distribute any content that is illegal, malicious or contrary to our TOS or legal notice on our platforms.
- You should not design another site to falsely give the impression that it is associated with us.
- Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in the deletion of your accounts on our platforms and/or the restriction of your access to our platforms, with or without notice, along with your personal data and any content associated with your account.
- We reserve the right to delete your accounts on our services if you do not log in for more than one year.
For more information on the legal framework we impose on ourselves when processing your personal data, please consult our legal notice.
To find out the technical details of our infrastructure and how we store your personal data, please read our technical report.